Proceeds from the sale of the Share the Road license plates supports the bicycle education and safety missions of Bike Florida and the Florida Bicycle Association.
How to Get a Share the Road License Plate
Renew your current Share the Road specialty plate
You have three options to renew your current Share the Road Specialty license plate.
- Click HERE for our convenient on line process. Renewing your plate is only $17.00 more than your Normal Registration.
- Mail in your registration upon receipt of your renewal notice form your local tax collector. These are usually mailed out six weeks prior toyour birthday.
- Visit your local Tax Collectors Office.
Cost: The annual cost to renew your Share the Road specialty plate is only $17.00 not including your normal tag renewal fees of between $45.00 and $75.00 depending on your vehicle.
Replace your old plate with a Share the Road specialty plate
You have two options to replace your old plate.
- Replace your old plate with a Share the Road specialty plate at the normal renewal period on line HERE. Or by visiting your tax collector’s office.
- Replace your old tag within 90 days of your normal renewal date HERE.
Cost: First time cost to replace your old tag with a Share the Road specialty plate is $45.00. $17.00 of that goes to Share the Road, $28.00 is a one time, State of Florida, plate exchange fee. Your regular registration fee of $45.00 and $70.00 applies too. The initial cost for a Share the Road plate is $90.00 to $115.00 depending on your vehicle’s normal plate renewal fees. After the initial cost, the annual renewal fee is only $17.00 more than your normal renewal fees.
Exchange your plate for a Share the Road specialty plate
Exchange your old tag for a Share the Road specialty plate at any time by visiting your local tax collector’s office.
Personalized vanity plates
Keep you current personalized plate or create a new one HERE.
Check availability of personalized characters HERE.